Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

So Thanksgiving Day was pretty much what I expected; kind of like Christmas Day without all the presents. Donna was preparing and cooking from late morning. The family started showing up a little before 1pm, there was food in abundance when we all sat down to lunch around 2:30 and afterwards, much lounging around on the deck in the sun.

Donna, had seen some of the photographs I’d taken previously and asked me to take some shots of the grandchildren during the day so, whenever I got bored of staring off into space I’d go and see what the kids were up to. I think I managed to get at least one decent shot of each of them.

As evening drew in the board games came out and Brett and I played a game called Settlers of Catan with Kevin and Andy which was quite interesting. People started drifting off around 9pm and we finally turned in around 11pm.

Tomorrow we do pretty much the same thing except we eat the leftovers and the family members who couldn’t make it yesterday will be here as well/instead.

No comments: