Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend, Shmeekend

The weeks are getting longer and the weekends are getting shorter. That’s how it feels. Though at least, this time next week, I’ll be in Dallas ready for Thanksgiving (which promises to be a fairly pedestrian week.)

So what have I been up to?

Well, Saturday wasn’t too bad; we got up late and lazed the morning away. The afternoon was spent doing domestic chores and trying to reorganise space around the flat ready for Rosie to move in next week. We didn’t get very far. It means I have to spend an evening this week shifting all the IT equipment out of the spare room and relocating on the computer desk in the lounge. Hmm…

Sunday morning I woke up at 4:30am for no apparent reason and then couldn’t get back to sleep again, which was annoying; I’d wanted a good night’s sleep.

The reason for wanting to be well rested was that Sunday was the day I’d arranged to spend with Graeme N testing my photographic skills on him. In the end it went fairly smoothly though; online he came across as somewhat nervous but turned out to be a very relaxed model once we were actually working. We spent the morning doing portraits and candid shots which went very well, coming away with quite a selection of usable pictures. The afternoon session promised to be (and was!) more challenging; tasteful nude photography is trickier than you might think. The main problem turned out to be lighting it properly; I don’t have any professional lighting and what was available wasn’t nearly up to the job so I just couldn’t even attempt some of the arty stuff I wanted to do. After the awkwardness of the initial undressing was passed though, it went fairly smoothly and, although we may not have achieved anything worthy of hanging on a wall, we got some stuff that’s good enough for him to use on his web site I think.

When it was all done, I was pretty drained so, after edging my way home through the Sunday evening traffic (twice as long to get back as to get there!), I just collapsed on the sofa and Brett ordered pizza.

And now it's Monday again (groan!)...

No comments: