Thursday, January 05, 2006

Here, There and Everywhere

Yesterday was fairly relaxed in the end; I had an hour’s nap in the afternoon, but otherwise wasn’t affected by jetlag. We watched various shows we’d Tivo’d over the break, as well as a couple of DVDs we’d been given. Latter Days turned out to be just as touching and fun as expected.

It looks like March is going to be The Month of the Visitors; there was a Christmas card from Curtis, a friend of mine from Chicago, waiting for us when we got back which said he’d be over in March and would try to arrange to hook up with us while here. We already know Kevin and Chris are coming over in March, as is Rich M, with whom we stayed over New Year, so it looks like there could be a lot of playing host to be done.

Today was a bit more of an effort than yesterday. When the alarm went off this morning, I was in total confusion for a while until it properly clicked that I had to get up and go to work and slowly got back into the morning routine. Work was fairly unhurried and I spent most of the day working through my inbox and catching up with the team. At lunchtime I went down the local branch of Evans Cycles with Gaetan, who is planning to buy a bike for commuting. During the afternoon the time-zones began to catch up with me as I felt my concentration continually slipping; not much got done.

This evening Brett and I were up in Islington for Gay Gordons; a (predictably-named!) gay Scottish Dance group. We had a great time; it’s a pretty social way to spend an evening and you get plenty of exercise too so we plan on going back next week. Afterwards we stopped back for a drink with a couple of the other dancers in a local bar and watched a portion of the Celebrity Big Brother show, although we didn’t get to see Rula going into the house and had to wait to get home for the Tivo’d version. After the Christmas Show, I think the whole Chorus is going to be rooting for her!

No comments: