Thursday, April 07, 2005

Adult to Adult or Parent to Child?

Ping called tonight and we spent quite a while on the phone talking Chorus. He had been sent my ranting blog entry from a few nights back and wanted to know how serious I was about what I’d said in the cold light of day. I think perhaps my declaration of not caring had made him stop and think a bit, since he’s standing for election as Chairman of the Chorus at the AGM in ten days time. I basically stood by everything I said, but pointed out how it arose from a particular combination of circumstances which are unlikely to be duplicated in the new committee when it is elected.

I need a break from the pressures I’ve experienced since taking office – in fact really since I started work on the new policy documents back in the summer. I suspect that given a few months though, I will step back into the scrum. I share with my sister and mother the doom of always stepping forward when we see something that needs doing that no-one else will own.

Ping was surprised, in one of our conversational tangents, that I had a grasp of Transactional Analysis. We agreed that the Chorus spends a lot of its time in parent-child mode and that more adult-adult is definitely needed. It would be nice, but I’m not holding my breath.

No comments: