Saturday, April 02, 2005

Grump

Brunch had turned into Lunch by the time we got out of bed and made it to Café Rouge. Even so I savoured the meal; fixing the memory against the uncertain future where I might not be able to spend sunny Saturdays eating fine food on the spur of the moment without a care in the world. The sunshine seemed to have brought out meteorological desperation in the denizens of Wimbledon and shorts and t-shirts were very much in evidence, despite it not actually being that warm.

Once home again, I cracked on with reading my book (which Brett is also anxious to read) while he did household and computer stuff. In theory I was supposed to be paying bills and tidying paperwork too, but that never happened. I couldn’t face being organised today. We were expecting Rod & Jess over for dinner tonight, but it seems I got my dates wrong and they were expecting to come next week. That was actually fine as I was quite happy not to have to interact with people tonight.

Chorus email today reminded me that last night was the first session for our Youth Chorus pilot. It also said that it was a failure – an open introduction evening where only one person turned up. Technically I am responsible for it – albeit only in an oversight capacity – but I’d actually forgotten it was happening. The worrying thing is that I don’t think I care. Fortunately the AGM is only a couple of weeks away, so I’ll soon be free of the obligation. We have a six-hour rehearsal tomorrow which I could well do without too!

We watched the second episode of the new Doctor Who series tonight. It’s growing on me, although the one-story-per-episode format doesn’t give much time to really develop a plot.

No comments: