Thursday, April 28, 2005

Home again

So I got home safely. Driving back from Darlington yesterday was both more and less pleasant than driving up there on Tuesday. Better: the sun was shining and I hadn’t had to get up at 4am. Worse: There was more traffic on the road and I spent a large portion of the time either stuck behind lorries overtaking each other at miniscule speed differentials or, later, crawling through North London.

After returning the car, it was back up to Holloway Road (I had driven along it three hours previously!) for the final Chorus rehearsal before we all rendez-vous in Gay Paris – which will certainly be gayer when we get there! It was a storming rehearsal and I feel confident we’ll blow the other choirs away when we take the stage in Paris next Friday. Click here for a peek at the Tour Logo.

Today at work was partly spent catching up with email and fixing minor problems I’d left behind in Darlington and partly spent in meetings with suppliers bidding to replace our reprographics machines. I now know way more about colour calibration and spectrometers than I had any desire to learn.

No comments: