Sunday, April 10, 2005

Missing him already

Not a lot to report this weekend. The weather has been nice, but we haven’t really made anything of it. It’s mostly been spent shopping, tidying, paying bills and mundane stuff like that.

Rosie has been down for the weekend and on Friday I went with her to hear her old choir sing in Westminster Abbey. They were very good – in fact the whole experience was enjoyable. The building is so wonderfully quiet without tourists. The organ sounded great and the singing was lovely.

Brett is packing as I write and I’m feeling a bit out of sorts about that. It’s the feeling of impending doom, like going back to school after the holidays. I don’t get the serious pangs when he’s actually gone, just when he’s getting ready to go. During the weeks so far I have managed to either occupy myself with other stuff, or be so worn out that I’m fast asleep as soon as I hit the pillow.

So far they have only been four day weeks but this time he’s away for the fortnight. So it’s now that I’m missing him.

No comments: