Friday, April 22, 2005

Cocktails in Putney

Another good day at work: I got the Terminal Server for Darlington all sorted and even had time to tidy my desk. The one downside of the day was finding out from the AA’s route planner exactly how far away Darlington is! I’d thought it was somewhere in the midlands, when in fact it’s closer to Scotland. It’s roughly a four and half hour drive. I made an executive decision that my trip was going to include an overnight and booked a hotel.

I was giving Rosie a hand moving after work. She is sharing a flat in Putney with a couple of guys. She’s got a sizable bedroom and shares the bathroom, kitchen and decent size lounge/diner with her flatmates. The place has a bit of the air of a bachelor pad about it, but it’s not unpleasant.

Rosie Moves to Putney

After helping unpack suitcases and setting up her music system, we wandered out into the town to see what we could find to eat. Along the way we passed someone eating fish and chips and my decision was made: No cordon-bleu or haute cuisine for me. I wanted fish, chips and mushy peas.

Rosie Moves to Putney

Rosie suggested cocktails afterwards (possibly to redeem the tone of her first real night living here) and after some wandering we eventually found a tapas bar which could provide the goods. I had that Essex Girl staple; a Pina Colada, while Rosie had a Latin American rum and lime-based concoction. She went on to have an orgasm (that would be Kahlua, Baileys & Amaretto and bears no resemblance to Meg Ryan!) but I was going to be driving home so I stuck with a latte – which was beautifully presented nevertheless.

Rosie Moves to Putney Rosie Moves to Putney

I’m looking forward to a good weekend.

No comments: