Saturday, April 23, 2005

A Wil Wheaton fetish?

As you’ll see from the sidebar I’m a regular reader of Wil Wheaton’s blog. One of Brett’s friends in Austin, upon reading my blog, accused me of having a Wil Wheaton fetish. I’m sure he was joking as he was reading just after I’d commented on how I liked Wil’s writing style.

Anyway, last week WW was invited to play in the World Poker Tournament in Las Vegas. The prize money for even the top one-hundred players was good and there was a reasonable chance he’d be on that list, however his computer packed-up on Wednesday so he hasn’t posted to his blog since. This morning over breakfast I did some googling to find out how he was doing and, in the process, found a poker ‘profile’ on him (here) and there were some pretty twisted comments that had been posted by passers-by. For example:

I want to bang Will. Imagine a little anal with Will and one of the crewmembers who wears a red shirt on another planet. I am so horny. Will, would you mind letting me ride you doggy-style while I reach around and...

Now THAT is what I call a fetish: being so hung up on a guy in a role he played eighteen years ago is pretty weird, verging on the sick.

Generally I think that people who are into sci-fi are interesting and worth listening to.

Today? Less so.

No comments: