Monday, April 18, 2005

Caring Too Much

I was quite tired at work today having had a late night last night, so I didn’t get much done really. I just kept up with stuff.

During lunch I did notice an amusing post on Wil Wheaton’s Blog which you can find here. It seems that pettiness and factions are wherever there are people who care about something – even a movie franchise.

The Chorus rehearsal was most enjoyable again tonight – we started work on Another Hundred People, from Stephen Sondheim’s Company; yet another song I really like in this repertoire.

There was also the Chorus AGM which went fairly smoothly. Brett was the only candidate standing for Vice-Chairman and was elected. Ping was one of three standing for Chairman but he didn’t succeed, coming third. I fear he will take the defeat to heart and view it as a personal rejection, rather than just a political vote. It would be a shame if the Chorus lost his enthusiasm and energy as a result of it because he has so much of value to offer.

No comments: