Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Sleep deprived

Brett was off to Stockholm again this morning. His car to the airport was booked for 05:15, so we had an early alarm. I foolishly didn’t get up when he did and drifted off to sleep again after he’d left, only waking up at the time that I should have been on the train to work. After a hurried commute, I eventually breakfasted and showered in the office!

Had lunch with John M and discussed mobile phones, Chorus, movies and suchlike. As he works in the industry he had been able to point me at a few places to get software for my new gadget. I now have a selection of decent freeware games with which to distract myself on dull tube and train journeys.

Felt more productive today at work – or maybe because I was out for lunch I didn’t allow myself time to surf the newswires or my favourite blogs – made progress on sorting out the Terminal Server for our new Project Office but failed to sort out the problem with the mail services in our Adelaide Office. The rest of the day was spent on administrivia.

After work I met up with Ping for dinner. He was feeling rather down after the election yesterday. We had cocktails and a pleasant meal in a restaurant near Covent Garden and managed to while away three or so hours.

Came home after that so I could get an early night – which is where I’m off to now.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is Bruce. You left a wonderful comment on my blog. http://spaces.msn.com/members/bruce0309 .... Anyway, you are a complete stranger to me, and took the time to leave such a wonderful comment to me. You are an extrordinary person, and I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Bruce--- (from spaces.msn.com)